What are the Key Benefits of Insuring Your Pets? GA pet insurance plan offers peace of mind for pet owners. Dog insurance and cat insurance are two of the fastest growing insurance types in Kenya. But still many pet owners are unaware of pet insurance and Its benefits. What are the Key benefits of Insuring […]
What are the Key Benefits of Insuring Your Pets?
GA pet insurance plan offers peace of mind for pet owners. Dog insurance and cat insurance are two of the fastest growing insurance types in Kenya. But still many pet owners are unaware of pet insurance and Its benefits.
What are the Key benefits of Insuring your Cat?
- Enables pet owners to save money when their pet is injured or ill.
- Empowers pet owner to not have to choose between their financial stability and their pet’s life.
- Enables pet owners to focus on the health of their pet, rather than the costs of their care.
- Saves on additional treatment costs, like stays in the veterinary hospital or X-rays.
- Increases the treatment options available to the pet, including medically necessary surgeries and chemotherapy.
- Ability to treat pets for costly procedures like, tick paralysis, cruciate ligament surgery, cataract removal, spinal surgery or FLUTD surgery.
What’s covered under your Pet Insurance in Kenya Cover?
The GA Pet Insurance in Kenya cover indemnifies the pet owner in respect of death to the Insured’s pet during the period of insurance at the location as specified in the schedule due to;
• Illness and diseases
• Epidemics Emergency putting to sleep of the animal on grounds of necessity on the advice of qualified Veterinary Surgeon as a result of accidents, illness disease or epidemics.
The pet insurance in Kenya policy does not include the following scenarios;
1. Putting to sleep of pet without the consent of the insurance company due to lack of time where consent of the Company is not obtained unless it is the opinion of a qualified Veterinary Surgeon that immediate slaughter is necessary. In all such cases, the Company shall have the right to have a post-mortem examination carried out.
2. Destruction in compliance with any legal requirement of Government, local or public authority.
3. Any surgical operation unless approved by the insurance company and conducted by a qualified Veterinary Surgeon and certified by him to have been necessitated by accident, illness or disease and to have been carried out in an attempt to save the animal’s life
4. An animal becoming unfit or incapable of fulfilling the duties for which it is kept or employed
5. Any disease that must be vaccinated against with regard to the region and/or temporal infestations according to recommendations of relevant government authorities.
6. Any disease arising out of external parasites unless adequate dipping and /or spraying are carried out regularly as recommended by appropriate government authorities
7. All losses caused by mismanagement of the pet including hygiene related cases
8. Illness, disease or epidemics contracted prior to the commencement of the pet insurance cover
9. Loss, damage or liability directly or indirectly by or arising from or in consequence of or contributed to by nuclear weapons material.
Are you a pet owner and you want to insure your beloved pet, Apply now for GA Pet Insurance Policy cover?
The opinions expressed in this publication are those of the author. The full information of the cover is contained in the policy document. The designations employed in this publication and the presentation of material therein do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of GA Insurance concerning the legal status of any country, area or territory or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers.